Sunday, September 7, 2008

In Remembrance of My Sister's wedding

 2 years ago on August 26, 2006 - Peter Bradrick and Kelly Brown were married. What a joyful day it was. Full of feasting and fellowship. 
  I will always remember the joy in Kelly's face as she finished writing and closed the book of being a daughter in our father's house, to picking up the pen and starting a new book and chapter in her life. One that she and Peter will be writing for many years, and with great delight will pass on to their children! 

 A beautiful covenant before God and man....

 


On July 9, 2007 - Triumph Perseverance Bradrick was born. I don't think I will ever forget receiving the call saying that Kelly was a mama and Peter was the proud father of a first born son! As a side note: We were in Georgia on our way to Texas when we received this wonderful call. After we got the news, we decided to drive straight through the night and arrived in San Antonio just about 1:30 pm the following day! 

 This picture was taken when Triumph was a little over 24 hours old!! 

Now this soon to be big bother (in November) is one. He has been a continual joy to the whole family! I can't tell you in words just how much I love this 'little' man. 


I am so happy for the wonderful husband the Lord has provided for my dear friend & sister. It has been such a blessing to be able to stand by and watch this sweet couple glorify God in their marriage and as they raise up a new generation of warriors. 


I look forward with great anticipation to the day, that is coming so very soon, when I will be able to meet and hold in my arms a new little Bradrick! It is my prayer that God will grant you, Peter and Kelly, many years of blessed marriage and that He will give you many arrows to fill your quiver. 

 With much love and joy for you both as you start on the journey of a third year in marriage. 

Forever your sister,
 Blair Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O wow! my mom and dads wedding Anniversary was on the 26th of August. I didn't know that that was the day Peter and Kelly got married.
love ya lots blair!
ttyl,
elisa

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

What a wonderful, Christ-exalting example Peter and Kelly are. I love following their family news, etc.

Their wedding was so beautiful! I've seen so many pics on Mr Phillips' blog, etc., and was just blown away by the perfectness of the ceremony. Everything was simply beutiful, and awe-inspiring. Then, when I heard they were expecting, I was SO thrilled. Seeing the Lord bless this precious couple with a little warrior to change the world was so encouraging! I've really enjoyed watching him grow up here on your blog and others. Triumph's such a precious little boy(with a perfect name!), and will no doubt grow up to be a very mighty warrior for Christ who will help reform our families, churches, and nation. I was then REALLY excited when I heard the wonderful news that they were expecting again. The Lord is so good to be blessing them in this way. Praise be to Him!

I am also so encouraged and strengthened each time I see their courtship story on The Return of the Daughters. How wonderful it is to know that there are still wise, pure, Biblically-minded young people out there who the Lord is uniting in order to do great things for His Kingdom. What an inspiring story theirs is!


Thanks for this touching little recap on their marriage, Blair! It was beautiful and very encouraging to see how the Lord is raising up wonderful, reformed, Biblically-minded families to further His Kingdom!

I eagerly look forward to seeing how the Lord continues to bless and work through this wonderful little family.


Many blessings,
Rebekah

P.S. Where did Kelly get her dress? It was GORGEOUS! :)